Is Your Communication Helping Your Cause?
Activists communicate to persuade their audiences to act. Learn if your communication is getting you closer to your social changeÂ goal withÂ this easy 7-step checklist.
Know the Basics of Activist Communication Strategy
Here are the basics of strategic communication for activists:
- Goal: Know what you want to achieve.
- Audience: Know who you need to persuade.
- Message: Know the content that will persuade your audience to act.
- Media: Know how you will transmit your message.
- Resources: Know what you can actually do.
- Plan: Know when it will happen and who is responsible.
- Evaluation: Know ifÂ you closer to your goal.
ReviewÂ the Full Checklist
And here’s the full checklist. Â It will help you evaluate the strength of your current communication work. Â It also gives tips about how to get back on track if you are not “on-strategy.”
Ask a Question
ToÂ ask questions about communication or another aspect of activism strategy, check out my free video-chat office hoursÂ every Friday. Â Or you can contact me any time here.
image: Flickr/Justin Norman
Pingback: Communication Strategy for Change-Makers | Mary Joyce