Global Digital Activism Data Set, v. 2.0
Description: The GDADS2 is a public data set of 426 digital activism campaigns from 100 countries, with beginning years 2010-2012, coded according to 28 variables indicating both intrinsic and extrinsic factors that may weigh on the success of activism campaigns that use digital media. The data is available below.
Project History: Version 1.0Â of the GDADS was initiated by Mary Joyce and was createdÂ within the Meta-Activism Project with funding from the MacArthur Foundation, (via Ethan Zuckerman) and co-authored with Antonio Rosas. Â Mary then created version 2.0 while at the Digital Activism Research Project under the guidance of Philip N. Howard and with funding from the United States Institute of Peace. Â Research assistants on the project included Frank Edwards, Luis Santana, and Jonathan Lam.
- Data Set (via Digital Activism Research Project): .xlsx file
- Codebook (viaÂ Digital Activism Research Project):Â .pdf file
- Inclusion Criteria: .pdf file
- Variable Notes:Â .pdf file
- Initial Findings Factsheet: .pdf fileÂ (below)